Final Project: We should not eat alone (sometimes)
EatWithMe is a unique social media dining app that sets the user up to eat
with others. I've had this idea in my head for a long time, but up until now I was never able to write code and make it a reality.
My Philosophy: Beauty, Simplicity and Functionality
- Beauty: For me the beauty of the UI is very important. It showcases your product and forces you to pay attention to every detail.
- Simplicity: I want my application to be easy to use. I avoid adding unnecessary styles and effects on my app. Everything has to look clean and easy on the eye.
- Functionality: "It has to work!" this is a very important lesson I learned from this bootcamp. It would be useless to design an incredibly beautiful application if it doesn't work in the end.
Starting my project
import TonyBrain from "/tony"; import ColaLight from "/seven-eleven"; import React from “/react”;
Touch of Technology that brought EatWithMe to life
- And finally MongoDB, the most popular NoSQL database. Being schemaless, it allowed me to store my data in collections with various sets of properties.
The end: Show, don't tell
Not only I learned how to code, but I also made some really good friends: we're a family. I love the classroom environment, beautiful beaches and nice people in this area. I couldn't have made it this far without the help and of my classmates who enjoy eating, laughing and sharing (food) together.
I can't, but we can
In the end, I would love to thank
- Ed, who's always nice and patient (enough) to fix my code;
- Nui, a wonderful lady (and great mother), who supports and takes care of me;
- Tom, a moody guy, who's constantly debugging my server;
- Jeff, the best partner to eat Samurai burgers together;
- Stefano, my idol, who thought me the art of "work hard, drink harder";
- Nikola, the oyster finder! Thanks for showing some new coding tricks;
- Robert, the "elbow" man, my best neighbour and the great chatter;
- Jaschi, my "son" :)
- Poonam, the world would be boring without her;
- Angela, a sweet girl, the real "backend" girl in this bootcamp, always working behind the scenes to make sure all runs smoothly;
- Curly, the best office manager, who always help us, even at midnight;
- and last but not least Tony, who taught me who to code and understand the importance of console.log() Without him, I would not able to build a cool app like this one.
I love all of you!